Suntaži Manor and Museum
|Address||Suntaži parish, Ogre municipality|
|Phone||+ 371 26682339|
The manor house was built from 1780 to 1782 and modernised in the middle of the 19th century, giving it a neo-gothic appearance. It was destroyed and restored several times. After the damage in 1905, the castle was restored by its last owner Baron von Hahnenfeld (buried in Suntaži cemetery). Since 1920, a school has been operating in the castle. By prior agreement, it is possible to see the interior of the castle and the exhibits concerning the parish’s history, as well as to climb the castle tower to enjoy the beautiful view of the surroundings. Suntaži castle is an architectural monument of national importance.
Listen to the audio guide’s story about this site:
The mobile app "Ogres novadnieks" is available on app stores: